Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

The Ten on Tuesday topic for this week is...10 Favorite Snacks.  Here are mine:

1.  String cheese.  I love it.  I love that it feels like I"m playing with my food.  I try to pull off thin "strings" with my teeth.  It's a skill. 

2.  Popcorn.  I usually make microwave popcorn - it's quick & easy.  I also usually add some real butter to my popcorn.

3.  Combos.  I like the pretzel & cheddar cheese kind.  I don't eat these very often (because of the high sodium content), but I do like them on occasion.

4.  Tortilla chips & salsa.  I prefer unsalted chips (like you would get in a good Mexican restaurant) & salsa that I've made myself.

5.  Chobani yogurt.  I love the thick creaminess of this yogurt.  I love that it's fat free, has the live active cultures, no gelatin, and that the sugar content (in the flavors) is not too high.

6.  Green olives - the big ones, with the pits.  I love to eat these while reading.  I put one in my mouth, suck out all the brine & then chew up the olive.

7.  Planter's dry roasted peanuts.  Planter's is the only brand I like.  I like to eat these while reading, too.

8.  Popped amaranth.  Amaranth is considered a pseudo grain.  It's very good for you.  I pop mine in coconut oil.  I actually crave it most days.

9.  Ezekiel sesame bread.  I eat mine toasted with some butter.

10.  Apples.  My favorite variety is Honey Crisp.  I also really like Empire.  Apples are portable & are a nice complex carb to eat when I'm eating my (lean protein) yogurt.

What are your 10 favorite snacks??

No comments:

Post a Comment